Senior Project Manager
We are looking for a candidate possessing core project management skills with the ability to multitask and manage multiple large projects in a cross-functional environment. Tactful and effective oral and written communications skills are essential for this role, as well as the ability to lead and motivate staff to apply skills and techniques to solve dynamic problems. Candidates should hold a proven track record of customer service attitude, and the ability to establish rapport with customers through the presentation of business and technical information.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required. Project Management certification including PMP highly desirable. Seven to ten years of experience in management of corporate wide projects is required.
- Manages multiple client facing infrastructure deployments projects. Serve as primary contact for external customers.
- Assists business units with development of business case, vision, drivers, feasibility and scope of proposed projects.
- Utilizes PMO framework for formally adopting projects meeting defined characteristics. Assists in documentation and identifying areas for process improvement.
- Upon formal adoption of a project, works with business units and other departments in defining and documenting detailed project requirements. Coordinates cross-departmental communication required in developing requirements. Coordinates tool selection process as needed.
- Maintains overall project plan for assigned projects utilizing project-tracking tool. Includes detailing tasks and assignments required to complete project, resources required to complete project, and budget resulting from project plan. Regular reporting on project status. Alerts various constituencies as to schedule constraints, resource issues, project risks and scope changes.
- Works to define and acquire resources for project execution and coordinates efforts of all resources involved in project with objective of facilitating and ensuring project plans are completed on time, on budget and within specifications.
- Responsible for leading and directing the designated project team and accountable to the business owner for timely and efficient project delivery. Responsible for alerting management to issues preventing completion of projects on time, on budget and within specifications.
- Coordinates the solicitation and procurement of appropriate outside resources and/or equipment/software. Coordinates the administration of contracts with third parties as necessary.
- Directly accountable to business units for execution and delivery of assigned projects.
- Enforces defined project management standards among project team members.
- Responsible for testing plan and coordinates user acceptance testing activities to ensure the result of the project adheres to the requirements. Provides testing feedback to the development team for issue resolution.
- Performs appropriate project closeout procedures including scope verification and lessons learned.
- Assists in defining direction and framework for department.
- Broad working knowledge of technology applications and their impact on the business
The following skills/experience are highly desirable
- Experience with virtual and cloud computing technologies using technology like Amazon Web Services, VMWare, KVM, and more.
- Working in a 24x7x365 Service industry
- Training/certification in such Project Management Methodologies as ITIL, Waterfall, Agile
- Working background and knowledge in Windows and Linux Operating Systems; Database and Web Technologies and Applications; and Networking TCP/IP fundamentals
VMware Cloud on AWS Solution Engineer
In this role you will design & help implement transformational strategies for VMware cloud on AWS. You are expected to contribute to those strategies, develop reusable domain IP, and contribute to our customers success.
- Building a customized VMware Cloud on AWS solution through activities such as running strategy & discovery workshops
- Participate in deep architectural discussions with enterprise customers to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on VMware’s AWS cloud platform.
- Partnering with customers to become a trusted advisor on their Digital Transformation journey
Senior Cloud Engineer
Experienced and talented Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to work on various projects for an array of applications. Must be familiar with emerging Cloud Technologies to provide improved application resiliency and the ability for customers to self-serve.
- Architect, design and implement solutions with AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Lambda, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), AWS Elastic Container Service, AWS Cloudfront and other AWS products
- Design, develop and deliver scalable and automated services and architecture – Infrastructure as code.
- Ensure success in building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
- Ensure full-stack software solutions are architected and delivered using industry-leading DevOps best practices and technologies